I showed and talked about a number of things, but I didn’t provide any links. That’s what blogs are for! Read on:
- Introducing the New WordPress.com – an intro to Calypso
- The Story Behind the New WordPress.com
- 5 tips for using AJAX in WordPress – this long post summarizes many best practices for using JS in WP. It’s older (2010) but solid for helping you to understand using JS for progressive enhancement, but not for full-featured JS applications. Taught me to use
- React.js Best Practices for 2016 | @RisingStack – pretty good into to the other decisions you need for making an app with React. Tons of links. Definitely use Redux, Wepback, and Babel.
- Ember.js – A framework for creating ambitious web applications.
Rest API and JS Themes
- WordPress.com REST API – can be used today for any WP.com or Jetpack site. Powers Calypso.
- WP REST API – formerly a feature plugin, recently merged into core to be released with WP 4.7 in December 2016.
- A Day of REST – a conference dedicated to building things with the REST API
- Anadama-React – A React-based recipe theme for WordPress
- Picard – A prototype theme that uses React and WP-API